Now if you are planning a day trip to Anaheim or anywhere in Orange County you can just hop on over to Orange County Staycations to check out the latest tips, coupons, and other discounts that you can use on your staycation day trip.
The Latest Staycation Ideas
Take a visit over to the Descanso Gardens and see over 5,000 hand-carved Jack O’Lanterns. The RISE of the Jack O’Lanterns is a family friendly Halloween extravaganza that is great fun for all ages. Dozens of very talented artists participate in this event, carving out some of the most amazing pumpkin sculptures. You’ll see everything from sports figures and celebrities to dinosaurs and a whole lot more. Now you’ll need tickets to get into this event, which you can purchase online or at the Descanso Gardens ticket office. The event is already selling out for certain dates and time slots so you will need to go ahead and check to see what is available on the ticket purchase page.
If you miss out on the ticket deal then don’t worry. There are a few other ways that you can save a little extra money on your admission to the Rise of the Jack O’Lanterns event at Descanso Gardens. For starters, be sure to check for promo codes. You should notice a promo code box at the top of the checkout page. Just enter your coupon here and then click apply and you should see the discount below. Some of the area businesses give out promo codes. You can also enter your email address for their newsletter or follow the RISE of the Jack O’Lanterns on Facebook for the latest news, updates, and sometimes promo codes.
Also, if you are a member of Descanso Gardens you can get tickets for just $15. Group discounts are available for groups of 15 or more people. You just have to make your reservations at least 24 hours in advance. Finally, be sure to check out the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon, Livingsocial, or Amazon local where you can, for a limited time, save 50% off your admission to the Los Angeles RISE of the Jack O’Lanterns event.
Visiting just the gardens? Be sure to check out the Descanso Gardens coupons first to make sure that you get the absolute most savings possible for your visit.
The Knott’s Berry Farm theme park is home to the Halloween Haunt, which one of the largest Halloween events in the world. This event, which is also referred to as the Knott’s Scary Farm, begins September 25th and runs through November 1st. The attractions change each year and the 2014 attractions feature Black Magic, Dominion of the Damned, Forevermore, Pinocchio Unstrung, Special Ops: Infected, The Gunslingers Grave, The Witches Keep Me In The Calico Mine Ride, Toothfairy, Trapped: Lock and Key, Trick or Treat, and Voodoo. In addition to that there’s the Halloween shows, experiences, scare zones, and of course all of the other rides at the Knott’s Berry Farm theme park. You’ll need a separate ticket for this event though. A standard general admission ticket or season pass will not work for this event.
There are a few other ways that you can save on your admission to the Knott’s Halloween Haunt. If you are a student or are employed by any of the colleges or universities in the Los Angles area then be sure to check to see if you can get a discount on your tickets. Schools like Loyola Marymount University LA and the Charles Drew University of Medicine and Science offer these discounts if you purchase your tickets through them. Additionally, you can check with many of the Burger Kings throughout Los Angeles as many of them have coupons for this Halloween event. No purchase is necessary. You just have to go inside and ask about the coupons. They will have a promo code on them that you can enter online for your discount or you can bring them with you to the gate for your discount.
Now there are plenty of other ways to save on general admission as well. If you are visiting at any other time then be sure to check out the Knott’s Berry Farm coupons first to make sure that you get the most savings possible.
Labor Day weekend marks the beginning of the Los Angeles County Fair. The fair runs from August 29th through September 28th. For 2014 there is a huge lineup of highly anticipated events and activities which include Luminasia (presented by Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa), the Grinding Gears nightclub, Toyota End of Summer Concert Series, Fire Dancing, Hall of Heroes, the China exhibit at the Flower & Garden Pavilion and Atrium, America’s Kids, horse racing, World of Wonders, the NHRA Motorsports Museum, Mojo’s Wild & Crazy Lagoon, 5D Adventures, and a whole lot more. You will just need to check the event calendar to see what’s happening on each day of the fair. Tickets can be purchased ahead of time or at the gate but before you do that, here are some tips and suggestions for how you can get a little extra savings for your visit this year.
Tips & Coupons
- If you are purchasing your Los Angeles County Fair tickets online then be sure to check for promo codes. You should notice a promo code box at the very top left of the checkout page. Just enter your coupon in that box and then click add to cart. You should see your discount appear on the next page.
- Be sure to follow the Los Angeles County Fair on Facebook and Twitter as they will sometimes post special promo codes that you can use on your ticket purchase.
- If you are a student of UCLA you can get free admission to the Los Angeles County Fair plus additional discounts for friends and family.
- Check with the Chamber of Commerce as they have a coupon that is good for $5 off the cost of your admission to the Los Angeles County Fair.
- Ride the Metrolink to the Los Angeles County Fair and save on your transportation and admission to the fair. Use promo code METROLINK to save $5 on admission.
- There are special discounts offered for scouts. Just check with your troop for the special promo code that you can use on your ticket purchase.
- If you are a member of a credit union like the Glendale Federal Credit Union you can purchase discounted 2014 Los Angeles County Fair tickets through the credit union.
- Group discounts are available for groups of 20 or more people. You just need to make your purchase in advance in order to get the group discount rate.